Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
Wednesday 29th August 2018
MOTUEKA - EVER WANTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MACA AND HOW TO USE IT IN COOKING?
For chronic fatigue, fibro, mental health, anxiety, depression, PMS, menopause, adrenal fatigue, addiction and Alzheimer's Maca is one of the world’s most unique and powerful medicinal superfoods. It only grows above 3800m in the small region of Junin, Peru. As a medicinal it has been at the centre of Inca culture, history and spirituality for over 2000 years.
Come and learn about maca with Dr Corin Storkey and Sally Huapaya - a young New Zealand and Peruvian couple who are founders and directors of Seleno Health. They live an work part- time in Peru with their maca farmer and community and run a volunteer program that brings kiwis to Peru to experience life in a remote Andean community.
• The history and anthropology of Incan maca farming
• Farm to Table maca – from the soil to your plate
• The biochemistry of maca – relating the tradition with the scientific research
• The application of maca as a therapeutic
• The different colours of maca - yellow, red and black
• Which maca is right for you
• The reality of superfood farming and farmer exploitation
• Volunteering opportunities in Peru
August 29, 2018
Mapua / Moutere / Motueka
Green World Health and Lifestyle
177 High Street, Tasman, New Zealand 7120
Tickets from Eventbrite ph. 0211822839.