Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
Saturday 13th-Sunday 14th April 2019
The Living Wood Fair is an engaging, educational community event for all ages focused on four main wood related categories:
● All aspects of growing trees and turning them into timber;
● environmental sustainability, care and protection;
● creative arts, wood and bush crafts; and
● natural shelters and homes
The event includes:
- demonstrations, displays, kids’ activities, information hub, market, food stalls, and natural building area.
- workshop zone hosts indoor and outdoor creative workshops.
- inspiring and informative talks.
- display of artworks
The Living Wood Fair is not only a fun day out for families and people of all ages, but a place to learn new skills and establish connections with others. The fair strengthens community by connecting individuals and stakeholder organisations with shared interests who may not otherwise meet. This provides space for people to discuss their shared concerns, their environmental and social challenges and generate solutions together. The fair serves those seeking new skills, expert knowledge and the tools they need to live sustainably in the Tasman region.