Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
Saturday 31st October 2020
Art Haven is excited to have talented multimedia artist Sally Reynolds from Mahana leading a one-day workshop designed to explore your creativity and thriftiness. Sally will teach the concept of slow or mindful stitching techniques along with the principles of collage. The workshop is suitable for everyone from experienced textile artists to beginners. As long as you’re happy wielding needle and thread you’ll be ready to collage.
Sally’s practice is based on reusing, recycling and reviving textiles, so you’ll get to dive into her suitcase of scraps! Participants are welcome to bring sentimental pieces of textiles, linen, heirlooms to incorporate into their own piece.
Minimum 4 – Maximum 8 people
Includes some materials, morning and afternoon tea and a delicious home cooked lunch
• calico or wool blanket pieces
• embroidery threads/floss
• large suitcase full of fabric scraps
• embroidery needle, needs to be sharp and have a large enough eye for embroidery threads
• pins and safety pins
• embroidery threads if you have them
• embroidery hoop if you like to use one
• fabric scraps, old linen etc
• embellishments such as buttons, beads