Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
Saturday 20th January 2024
Year on year our annual A & P show is the biggest one-day event in Golden Bay - a true country style, family-friendly show with lots to see and do.
CROWD FAVOURITES - the much acclaimed Takaka Citizens Band, the Motueka Pipe Band and the main event - The Grand Parade - in the early afternoon.
- Get up close to the prize winning cattle, goats and sheep.
- Cheer on the horse riders, choppers and shearers.
- Browse with envy the stunning displays of baking, flowers, handcrafts, photography, art & craft in the display booth.
- Visit the huge array of Trade stands to get close and personal with large machinery, farm implements, agricultural equipment, top quality local merchandise and seek helpful tips and advice on everything ‘country’.
- Have fun entertaining your family by visiting the well known Sturgeons Amusements sideshows.
- See the all-day free stuff at the entertainment hub and childrens play area.
- Check out the vintage machinery display or maybe enter the digger operator competition.
The Golden Bay A&P show has something for everyone!
January 20, 2024
8am - 5pm
Golden Bay Recreation Park
2032 Takaka Valley Highway
Parking in paddocks opposite the show ground gate
$15.00 pre-show ticket / $20.00 gate sale / Under 15 free
Tickets from NBS Takaka, Motueka, Richmond & Nelson
Ph. 027 263 9220