Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
The Suter is an arts complex that includes a theatre, cafe and store. It offers a dynamic range of exhibitions and education programmes and is home to the Nelson Suter Art Society.
The Suter Art Gallery comprises the Original, Sargood and McKee galleries.
The Suter Theatre is suitable for cinema, live performances, lectures and meetings. The Theatre regularly functions as a cinema with world class films screened by Nelson Film Society and State Cinemas in full Dolby Stereo.
Theatre facilities and equipment:
• Tiered seating 8 rows - 159 capacity audience
• 12 x 6 metre black box stage
• 8 x 3.1 metre cinema screen
• Up-stage full-width drapes (black, manual)
• Mid-stage house curtains (red, motorized)
• Air conditioned / heated auditorium
• Stage lighting: Minimal, open white stage wash suitable for lectures etc
• Portable ticketing desk
• Lectern, tables, chairs, easel white board, data projector, laser pointers
• 2 lapel and 2 hand-held wireless mics
• Stereo play-back through PA from laptops etc on Stage
• 36 Channel Showmaster Theatre Light Control Board with 72 Waylines
• Full Dressing Room Back-Stage
• Cinema quality data projector, full PA and lighting equipment can be sourced locally on request at the hirer’s expense
Nelson & suburbs
03 548 4699
208 Bridge Street, Nelson