Your guide to events in Nelson, New Zealand
Sunday 18th February 2024
A Family Friendly Day Out - A great place to go and spend the day.
Action and displays of heritage vehicles and machinery, rides in a vintage school bus, bush rail jigger, honey barrel train also G & HO model railways operating, displays of Jowett marque vehicles, small engines and tractors. An ideal place for a picnic along with enjoying an appreciation of yesteryear transport, forestry, farming machinery, equipment and rural life.
Working museums of heritage and living history activities of our forefathers:
- 2 model railways
- Bush railway jigger rides around the park perimeter
- Vintage small engines, machinery and tractors
- The Rural Life Museum
- Historic Transport Museum vintage trucks and associated vehicles
- Pigeon Valley Steam Machinery Museum of steam engines and steam machinery
- Rover Car Club headquarters in an old garage with vintage petrol pumps.
- Army Group Centre with living history displays and equipment
- The Ray Win Collection of Jowett vehicles & speedway bikes
- The Harry Holmwood Memorial Museum
- A Working sawmill, Vintage Chainsaw and early logging collection and the Golden Downs Forestry Hut
10am - 3pm
Nelson & suburbs, Richmond & surrounds, Tapawera / Wakefield
Higgins Heritage Park Wakefield
222 Pigeon Valley Road, Wakefield
Adult $5, Children under 13 free
Ph. 027 631 6786